In response to COVID-19, Refresh Psychotherapy is rapidly expanding telehealth services to accommodate the needs of New York State.
Here at Refresh Psychotherapy, we pride ourselves on cultivating a successful private practice that values diversity in our patients and clinicians. We are looking for a passionate clinician who has a clear focus on niche clients they’d like to work with and will join the team with ideas and excitement on building their brand! A successful clinician in our practice has an entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to think creatively, and the confidence needed to support the growth of the practice .
This is a hybrid in-office and remote work position.
- Minimum of 15 weekly sessions completed ranging between 50 and 60 minutes.
- Mandatory weekly 1:1 supervision and group supervision
- Collects information about clients through interviews, observations, and tests.
- Prepares and maintains treatment records and reports
- Evaluates clients’ physical or mental conditions based on the review of client information
- Develops and implements treatment plans based on clinical experience and knowledge
- Actively participates in Refresh Psychotherapy’s social media outlets via posts, stories, and reels.
- Knowledge and understanding of clinical counseling principles, programs, and methodology
- Knowledge and regular use of evidence-based practices
- Knowledge of crisis intervention techniques
- Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures
- Interviewing and psychological/diagnostic evaluation skills
- Knowledge of psychological test administration, scoring, and interpretation
- Knowledge of legal and ethical issues related to patients’ rights
- A strong technological ability regarding telehealth
- Certificate of Professional Liability Insurance needed prior to hire
- License in New York State in good standing
- Proof of both COVID vaccines and booster, vaccination for MMR, as well as receipt of this year’s flu shot
- Reliable internet connection with locked Wi-Fi
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of two years’ experience post master’s clinical experience
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, Marriage & Family Therapy, and Creative Arts Therapy is required.
- LMSW, LCSW, LMHC, LMFT, LCAT (no limited permits)
- LMSW/LCSW applicants should be SIFI certified or SIFI eligible.
This is a W2 position that offers pay every other week via direct deposit.
To apply, please include a cover letter detailing the following to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions without a cover letter highlighting questions below will not be considered:
- Your interest in private practice work specifically
- Desired niche or interest in private practice
- Evidence that you are a passionate self-starter and description of what motivates you towards this work
- How would you best contribute to the community as a new hire?
- Who are you as a person, and why do you love being a therapist?
Refresh is the most clinically and culturally diverse private practice in New York. We provide therapy and coaching to adults aged 25+. We guide our clients through a transformation so that they cannot just live but thrive.
We believe that the more experiences our staff have, the greater the potential of our clinical impact on our patients and clients. Join us, and let’s give the people what they want!
We have a beautiful office located in South Slope, Brooklyn, with our waiting area, snacks, adjacent kitchen, and windows in each office. We have two beautifully furnished offices in our Wall Street location, one of which has a window. The office staff there is delightful. At our office across from Zuccotti Park, we have two large offices in a building that is considered prime real estate.